How to Delete a PAYTM Account: Ultimate Step By Step Guide
In today’s digital era everything is going digital. Digitalization is nowadays happening in all sectors, such as online money transactions. Nowadays many people use online payment wallet apps such as PAYTM, Paypal, Google Pay to pay money to nearby shops and peoples or digitally transact money from one country to another country.
In India, most people use the PAYTM wallet to digitally transact money to each other. People use the PAYTM Payments wallet because it is very easy to use and using this payment wallet, also saves people’s time while transacting money. There are many features and benefits of the PAYTM payment wallet. you can see many offers and many types of cashback on PAYTM every day.
You May Also Like: How To delete Facebook contacts on iPhone
but because of some reasons in some situations, You would maybe want to delete this wallet. It would maybe possible that you want to delete your PAYTM account so that you can upgrade to another wallet or there may be a personal reason behind it, but apart from these situations, today I will tell you how to delete a PAYTM account with a step by step guide.
Creating a PAYTM account is very simple you can create a PAYTM account in minutes but deleting your PAYTM account is a bit lengthy. If you want to delete your PAYTM wallet account, then first think about it comfortably because once you delete the account, you cannot recover your PAYTM account again (But you can create a new account from the deleted account’s mobile number).
After deleting the PAYTM account, all the details of the account are deleted from the PAYTM’s server and before you delete the account, you have to transfer the money available in your account to another account so that your account can delete easily without any problem.
You May Also Like: How to Delete a Roblox account
There are some ways to delete anyone’s PAYTM wallet account. To delete a PAYTM account PAYTM has given an option using which you can delete your account by applying some effort.
How to Delete a PAYTM Account
So if you are sure and really wanted to delete your PAYTM account, then here I will tell you all available and working ways to delete your or anyone’s PAYTM account.
Some of the available ways are easy to apply and some of the available ways are a little bit lengthy. You can choose which method you have to apply and which method better suits your needs.
From all described methods, some ways require identity verification proof. You have to prepare the documents you had provided to PAYTM when completing your PAYTM account’s KYC. So be ready with the identity verification documents and delete your PAYTM account easily.
How to Delete a PAYTM Account by contacting PAYTM customer care
The first way to delete your PAYTM account is by contacting PAYTM customer care. this is the easiest way to delete your PAYTM account. In this method, you have to call PAYTM’s customer care by registered mobile number.
You can select the option to delete your PAYTM account over the call, they will submit your request instantly. After submitting the request within 48 hours your account will be deleted permanently by PAYTM.
When you contact PAYTM’S customer care using the number 0120 3888 388, they will create a request ticket using your account information according to your problem. If your ticket will successfully be approved, then they will delete your PAYTM account. This process usually takes 1 to 5 business days So be patient.
Remember this number 0120 3888 388, if you want to use this method.
How to Delete a PAYTM Account by replacing email and mobile number
This is the second method to delete the PAYTM account. In this method, you have to replace your default PAYTM mobile number and E-mail. After replacing the mobile number from your old PAYTM account, you can create another account using the same number and E-mail because you have changed your mobile number and E-mail from your old PAYTM account.
This method is a little bit complicated but doesn’t worry because I will guide you using a step-by-step tutorial. You can get this step-by-step tutorial below:
You May Also like Awesome Apps For Android/IOS: Must Try in 2021
- Firstly go to Paytm.com
- Login to your PAYTM account using Login details.
- Tap on ‘View profile’ at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll your mouse cursor and stop on your profile name, then a submenu will open. from this menu select ‘View Profile.
- Now click on “Edit Profile” from the newly opened page.
- Here you can change your mobile number and E-mail.
- To change your email address, replace the existing email address with your new email address you can use any E-mail in this field that is accessible and click on ‘Save’.
- If you are adding an email for the first time, then enter an email address that you wanted to use with this account and click on ‘Save’.
- To change your old registered mobile number, replace the existing mobile number with your new mobile number and click on ‘Save’ if they ask for any OTP then provide them.
- After clicking on the “save” button, A OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number from PAYTM. Enter the OTP carefully on that field. You have to complete this process for a verification confirmation.
- A verification link will be also sent to your new email address which you have used to replace your old E-mail. Go to your email account and click on the link sent by PAYTM to verify it is you. Open the E-mail and verify within 48 hours.
You May Also Like: How to go Go Invisible on WhatsApp
- Tap and open your PAYTM App.
- If not logged in, Login to your PAYTM account using the correct credentials.
- Now click on three lines on the top left corner of the newly opened screen on your smartphone.
- On the New slider window, click on your Profile photo/Name.
- To update or replace your mobile number, click on Update, next to Your old registered mobile.
- Now remove your old mobile number and replace that old mobile number with a new mobile number on that field.
- After completing these steps click on ‘Save’, A OTP will be also sent to your registered mobile number, provide them and verify this process.
- In case of changing your email address, replace the existing email address with your new email address that you wanted to use with this account and simply click on the ‘save’ button.
- After clicking on the “save” button, A OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number from PAYTM, to verify the changes.
- A verification link will also arrive at your new email address which you have used to replace your old E-mail. Go to your email account and simply open the new mail and click on the link sent by PAYTM to verify it is you. Open the mail and verify within 48 hours.
How to Delete a PAYTM Account by E-mailing PAYTM Support
Using this method you can delete your PAYTM account by contacting PAYTM’S support staff using this mail address [email protected] You have to provide all the required information about your problem like You want to delete your PAYTM account and you also have to mention why you have to delete your PAYTM account. After applying this method, it can take 1-5 business days to work means to respond. Below you can see a template about how you have to send an e-mail in a good manner.
To Email – [email protected]
Subject –I want to close My PAYTM Account
Details – Mention here that, you want to close your PAYTM account and why you want to delete your PAYTM account. Mention your Name, Phone number, etc. You can also include any government ID proof or any document that verifies your identity on the e-mail.
You are now ready to send this email to PAYTM’S support staff if they need more information about this matter, they can contact you with your e-mail address.
How to Delete a PAYTM Account Permanently (100% ✓ Verified)
- On your smartphone, open the PAYTM app
- Now on the top left corner, click on three horizontal lines.
- Click on “24×7 help and support”.
- Scroll down, tap on “view all categories”, below all shown categories.
- Scroll down and click on “Profile Settings”
- Click on “I want to close/delete my account“
- On the new screen, you will be redirected to the important notice page, before closing your PAYTM account read this article carefully.
- After reading this article, scroll down and click on “Message us”.
- Now provide all important information and documents such as mobile number, KYC documents (Documents that you have used to complete your PAYTM’s KYC for the first time), etc.
Keep in mind, you have to provide all the required information and documents, you provided them when completing your KYC. Using this method you can 100% close your PAYTM account if you apply this method correctly. This the easiest way to delete your PAYTM account and also this method is verified by PAYTM.